CLEWISTON — Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA), a United Way Collatorative, will provide free tax preparation with an appointment at the Florida B. Thomas Library, 1008-1012 Harlem Academy Ave. in Clewiston on Thursday, March 1 from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
IRS certified volunteers will be on-site to prepare taxes for free to households earning $66,000 or less per year.
What you need:
• Picture ID
• Birth dates for everone on the tax return
• All earning statements (W-2, W-2G, 1099s)
• Total paid for daycare and Provider Business’ Employer Identification number
• Your spouse, if you are married and filing jointly
• Social Security or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITN) for each family member and working adult
Did you buy insurance from the marketplace? Affordable Health Care Statements (1095-A) or Health Insurance Exemption
Taxes will not be completed without these items.
What you may need:
• A copy of last year’s federal and state returns
• Proof of health insurance (1095-B and/or 1095-C)
• Routing and account numbers for direct deposit
• Are you a student or are you making payments on a student loan?
Statements from your university or college (1098-T)
Student loan interest statement (1098-E)
• Are you self-employed:
Written totaled mileage records
Totaled business income and expenses
To make an appointment call 2-1-1 or 800-887-9234 or visit UnitedWayLee.org/FreeTaxPrep.