Good Wheels adds new bus to Clewiston-Belle Glade fleet

Officials cut the ribbon for the new 20-seat Clew-Belle Express on Tuesday, Aug. 18.

Officials cut the ribbon for the new 20-seat Clew-Belle Express on Tuesday, Aug. 18.

Good Wheels unveiled its brand new service bus at a ribbon-cutting at Clewiston City Hall on Tuesday, Aug. 25. The bus will be added to the transportation provider’s fleet that travels daily from Clewiston to Belle Glade.

Dubbed the Clew-Belle Express, the bus features 20 seats plus two seats for wheelchairs. The bus cost roughly $133,000 and was paid for in part by the Florida Department of Transportation (DOT) and Hendry County.

Alan Mandel, the CEO of Good Wheels Inc., lauded the new addition to the fleet, which will help residents who otherwise would not have access to transportation get around Clewiston and western Palm Beach County.

Mandel said Good Wheels Inc. will continue to work with DOT and the Hendry County Commission to improve transportation services for residents.

DOT representative Debbie Stephens said the department was happy to partner with Good Wheels and Hendry County to improve transportation services. DOT provided 80 percent of the $133,000 bus; Hendry County provided the remaining 20 percent.

Hendry County Commissioner Janet Taylor iterated the importance of Good Wheel’s service to the community.

“It brings in people from Belle Glade who spend money in the city … it allows people to go to church, to school,” said Commissioner Taylor, explaining how Hendry County residents use Good Wheels to travel to Palm Beach State College.

“It is a very crucial service,” she said.

You are encouraged to leave relevant comments but engaging in personal attacks, threats, online bullying or commercial spam will not be allowed. All comments should remain within the bounds of fair play and civility. (You can disagree with others courteously, without being disagreeable.) Feel free to express yourself but keep an open mind toward finding value in what others say. To report abuse or spam, click the X in the upper right corner of the comment box.

Facebook Comment