As of Wednesday, Sept. 6, sandbags are available for public pickup. Residents will need to bring their own shovel and will be responsible for loading their own sandbags into their vehicles. Residents are asked to be courteous to their fellow Hendry residents and limit themselves to 25 sandbags. Please only take what your family needs.
Hookers Point Park is waiting on sand to be delivered and the rodeo grounds in LaBelle is waiting for additional bags. We will inform the public as soon as these materials become available.
• North LaBelle – Bob Mason Park located on County Road 78.
• LaBelle – LaBelle Rodeo Grounds – Parking lot on State Road 29 South – Waiting for delivery of additional bags
• Felda – Felda Volunteer Fire Department – The corner of CR 830 and Willis Ranch Rd North
• Montura-Flaghole – Montura-Flaghole Fire Department – Parking lot on Avenida Del Club.
• Pioneer – Pioneer Fire Dept., 2499 Hendry Isles Blvd.
• Clewiston – Vacant field north of Health Department on Olympia Avenue
• Harlem – Harlem Community Center, 7th St, Clewiston, FL 33440
• Hookers Point – Hookers Point Park, Davidson Road – Waiting on sand delivery
• For the public to prepare for possible threat from Hurricane Irma.