The Clewiston News

Fire Marshal visits Central Elementary for Fire Prevention Safety

Central Elementary’s kindergarten students got a visit from Fire Marshall Travis Reese earlier in the month of October.

Students learned the importance of smoke alarms and making sure they are working properly and the batteries are charged.

October 4 through 10 was celebrated as National Fire Prevention Safety Week. According to the National Fire Protection Association, three out of five home fire deaths happen from fires in homes with no smoke alarms or no working smoke alarms.

Smoke alarms save lives.

[slideshow_deploy id=’1197′]