Florida SouthWestern State College (FSW) faculty members will showcase their 2017-2018 Academic Research Council (ARC) grant projects during an ARC event from 9 a.m. to noon on Thursday, Aug. 16, in Building AA-168, at the FSW Thomas Edison Campus, 8099 College Parkway, Fort Myers. The presentations can also be viewed digitally at the FSW Hendry/Glades Curtis Center, Building A, Room 114.
“The ARC grant was established in 2015 to support the innovative and creative scholarly projects and contributions of FSW’s faculty that positively impact the learning experiences of FSW’s students and community,” said Dr. Joseph van Gaalen, director, Assessment and Effectiveness. “FSW’s faculty are experts in their subject areas. Their commitment to research and to seek new knowledge in their areas of expertise provides motivation and a leading example for FSW students to continue seeking new knowledge forthemselves.”
ARC project presentations begin at 9:30 a.m.
• 9:30 – 9:55 a.m.: Sources of Color to San Carlos Bay: Changes in Dissolved Organic Matter and Chlorophyll a Content in a Shallow Estuary
Professor of Biological Science Dr. Michael Sauer and Professor of Biology Dr. Melanie Ulrich
• 10:00 – 10:25 a.m.: Effectiveness of Online Virtual Nursing Leadership Experiences – Comparative Analysis
Professor of Nursing Margaret Kruger and Professor of Nursing Martha Jenner
• 10:30 – 10:55 a.m.: Toxicity Evaluation of Food Additives
Professor of Biochemistry Dr. Gabriel Gaidos
• 11:15 – 11:40 a.m.: The Digital Cavendish Project: A Collaborative Scholarly Repository for the Study of Early Modern Women Writers
Professor of English Dr. Shawn Moore
• 11:45 – 12:10 p.m.: Recovery of Useful Nitrogen and Phosphorus from Waste Water
Professor of Microbiology Dr. Michael Witty
For more information, contact Dr. van Gaalen at (239) 433-6965 or firstname.lastname@example.org.